>Pennsylvania Democrats cancel meeting so vulnerable candidates don’t have to answer for Obama
HARRISBURG — Republican Party of Pennsylvania Chairman Rob Gleason released the following statement upon the conclusion of the PA GOP’s 2012 Fall Meeting:
“With 38 days left, Republicans are ready to work harder than ever to deliver Pennsylvania’s 20 electoral votes to Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. Pennsylvanians can’t afford four more years of President Obama and are ready for a ‘Romney Recovery’ to get our nation moving again.
“Pennsylvania Democrats decided against holding a fall meeting so that candidates like Bob Casey, Mark Critz, Kathleen Kane, Eugene DePasquale and Rob McCord could avoid having to voice public support for President Obama and his tax-and-spend record. Republicans are unified and we are proud to provide a clear contrast between four years of President Obama’s broken promises and Mitt Romney’s vision for a new, prosperous America.”
- Tribune Democrat: Critz tries to move away from Obama
- Tribune Review: Rep. Mark Critz, other Dems, to skip convention in favor of campaigning in Pennsylvania
- Huffington Post: Rachel Maddow Mocks Sen. Bob Casey’s Opposition To Obama Jobs Plan (VIDEO)
- PoliticsPA: Smith Seizes on Prez’s Casey Comments, But is Obama a Liability? (Watch Video)
“The PA GOP Fall Meeting provided our grassroots Republican team with an opportunity to participate in training sessions and campaign meetings as we head into the final sprint towards November. The Romney-PA GOP team has already made over two million voter contacts in Pennsylvania and we will continue to running the biggest grassroots campaign in our Party’s history to reach voters in all corners of our Commonwealth. This election will be won voter-by-voter contact, and I am confident that we have the best team and the most dedicated volunteers on the ground who are working tirelessly on behalf of all of our Republican candidates.
On Thursday, September 27, the PA GOP also released its new television ad, “The Problem.” The ad was played to attendees at the PA GOP Fall Dinner on Friday, September 28 and also at the Fall Meeting on Saturday, September 29. The ad can be viewed here.
Chairman Gleason continues: “After four years of President Obama’s broken promises, it’s time for the Romney-Ryan team in Washington, D.C. to get our economy moving again. We look forward to delivering for our entire team on Election Day: Mitt Romney for President, Tom Smith for U.S. Senate, David Freed for Attorney General, John Maher for Auditor General, and Diana Irey Vaughan for Treasurer.”
2012 Fall Meeting Highlights:
- Patriot News: Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal calls Obama ‘most liberal president since Jimmy Carter’ at GOP event
- PoliticsPA: Jindal, Smith Rouse PAGOP
- AP: GOP eyes Pa. polling gaps with 5-plus weeks to go
- Tribune Review: Jindal calls Obama liberal, incompetent at Camp Hill GOP dinner